If you’ve been following along with my NaNoWriMo posts you’ll know a lot has happened. I still plan on writing today yet may not post until later tonight or tomorrow so I thought I’d do a quick synopsis and let people get caught up who may enjoy Science Fiction/Dystopian stories.
Here’s what we’ve learned so far.
– President Hope took office over 9 years ago and through some clever law enactments was able to seize control of America in the name of Homeland Security.
– Nelson is a War Routine/Router in charge of a brigade of more than 1000 troops. He’s from a rural part of Arkansas which is where he has been assigned to clear out any runners who may be defecting from the government or have refused to give up their guns for the new laws that were enacted. His troops recently raided a large camp of runners around a lake and learned they were looking for a man named Jonah who was leading this group of dissidents.
– Sarah is a Medical Routine and is stuck in the same small town Nelson was from. She, and some locals, respond to the raid at the lake and find 2 children alive. One of them is a 12 year old boy named Jonah that doesn’t speak and has a routine implant that is said to have been made before the technology even existed.
– Kimberly is the daughter of Echo Corp CEO Kendrick Keys, whose company first created Routines. She was the first ever routine to be created by the company but has moved away since the government take over. She lives in a neighborhood full of other private citizen routines who tell her they have heard of a group in Oklahoma City who is building an army to fight back against the government. They need her help to get into Echo Corp to speak with Mortimer, the original designer/programmer of routine implants and friend of Kimberly.
So there we have it. Some good questions so far, I think.
– What more does the president have in store for his new America?
– It’s hinted that Nelson is headed in the direction of Oklahoma, will he find the underground resistance?
– Is this boy Jonah that Sarah found the same Jonah that Nelson is looking for?
– Will an entire neighborhood up and leave without raising suspicion?
These are questions I’m asking and I’m the WRITER! It’s an exciting adventure and any comments are welcome. Are you participating in NaNoWriMo? Are you reading along? Are you just glad it’s Friday.
Me too… Happy Friday everyone.
- Encouragement to not change your NaNoWriMo story concept mid-month (todaysauthor.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Day 15: You’re Invited to a Virtual Write-In! (thesisterseternal.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Adventure Update (lonelybrideadventures.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Update! (beforeduringandafterblog.com)
- Caught up on NaNoWriMo! (lifewithrecovery.wordpress.com)