When I met Phatman, it was in a dark alley as he was crusading against crappy food because his parents died of embarrassment of cooking crappy hors d’oeurves at a ritzy fancy pants party. I don’t remember everything as I was too busy eating his craziest creation, Cheesy Joes.
I finally got Phatman to share his simple secret with me and the rest of you, so I hope you enjoy his vigilante nourishment craziness as I have.
What you need
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 Pckg taco seasonings
- 8-10 oz of Velveeta Cheese
- 1/3 cup of milk (Optional)
What you do
- Brown the ground beef, adding the 1/2 pckg of Taco seasoning when almost done
- Meanwhile – Cut the velveeta into cubes (PHATMAN TIP: Cut length wise twice, turn on side, cut lengthwise twice again. You now have long strips about the size of cheese sticks. Simply cut width wise a number of times to get small cubes great for melting.)
- Optional – for a SLIGHTLY healthier version (or non grease lovers) drain the beef and put back in to pan
- If you drained your beef, add in the milk.
- Add the cheese you have cubed and start stirring. Then stir some more. When you’re done stirring, stir a few more times. After that, stir again.
- Keep pushing the mixture around until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and let set for 5 minutes to thicken up.
- Scoop mixture onto bread or buns or even hot dog buns, whatever you have, and then step out of the way as they will go fast.
Serves: 2 – 4.
NOTE: Once people taste cheesy joes, they come back for more quick, you may need more than what you think.