My good friend the Phatman loves to cook so I asked him to share a recipe with us. What does this have to do with being geek? Helloooo, his name is PHATMAN. na na na na na na na na PHAT MANNNN!!!
(This tune for Phatman is in now way similar to any song on any TV show or Movie you’ve ever seen. In fact, there was no music, you sang that in your head all on your own.)
So Phatman made some pizza rippers. You can enjoy this treat with a fork or pull it apart with your hands which is particularly fun for kids and men who marry wives that like to roll their eyes when their man eats with his hands. Try it out and share and let us know what you think!
What you’ll need
- 2 cans of biscuits
- 1 lb of ground beef or turkey
- 1 pckg taco seasoning
- 1 16oz can of tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup of butter
- Fresh Diced Garlic or Minced Garlic or Garlic Powder if you have nothing else
- Sliced Pepperoni
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese (At least)
- 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese (At least)
What you’ll need to do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Brown your ground meat and add taco seasoning. (for less taco flavor use half a package) Set aside.
- In a sauce pan or microwave safe dish, melt your butter on a low heat and add garlic to your liking. I use 3 cloves of garlic diced small. Set aside.
- Open up your cans of biscuits and cut each one into 4 pieces. Save knife time by using scissors. For fun with the kids, pull apart with your hands. Throw the pieces into a large bowl.
- In the large bowl add in enough of your garlic butter to coat the biscuit pieces well without being overly runny. (A small amount of unmixed butter helps flavor the sauce.) (More family fun, have the kiddos mix with their hands.)
- Now add to the bowl your beef, half of your cheese, and tomato sauce. (I don’t always use the whole can of sauce, I let it get soaked like a thick biscuit soup.) Now mix with your hands or a spoon. Careful not to squish all the biscuit pieces.
- Pour into a well greased 9×13 pan (Or whatever kind of pan you may have around) and spread evenly.
- Bake at 400 for 15 to 20 minutes. The biscuits should start to brown and fluff up. The biscuits at the edge would be firm to the touch.
- Now spread your pepperonis evenly across the top and add the rest of your cheese. Bake another 10 – 15 minutes until cheese on top is fully melted. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut into squares and plate. Eat with a fork or your fingers. Serves 4 – 6
Add as much or as little cheese as you like, I use more than 2 cups, some people like less cheese.
You may have some butter left over. If you have another can of biscuits you can coat them and make garlic bread.
It’s pizza, add whatever toppings you like or throw in some veggies for a supreme. (Throw them in with the dough mix for extra flavor)
You can buy pizza sauce if you prefer the flavor. Save money by buying your favorite spaghetti sauce.
Like sweet sauce pizzas? Add a couple of teaspoons of brown sugar to your biscuit mix when you add the sauce.