Today I sit in a library to finish the prerequisites for my new job. A few seats down from me a lady is droning on, rather loudly I might add, about upcoming events in the city to someone on the other side of her digital headgear. At one point she mentions “Do you know who NEEDTOBREATHE is? It’s a band, or the name of the event.” Of course this wasn’t directed at me and yet I still wanted to answer. Suppressing a know-it-all, sarcastic butthead/narcissistic attitude can be quite difficult at times.
The rows of books loom to my right taunting me. “YOU CAN’T READ US!” they moan in a ghostly voice, “YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT HERE AND ONLY HAVE A TEMP PASS!”
“I KNOW THAT!” I scream back at them as other computer users turn and stare at me eyeing the books with a painful disdain.
None of that is here nor there though. Today I speak simply of an award I received quite a while back that I have not yet been able to attend to. It is called the Liebster Blog Award and is to be given to excellent bloggers, with fewer than 200 followers as recognition for their efforts and promotion to a larger audience.
Now, I could have been quite satisfied with the award, a note about getting it, and would have passed it on gracefully and thankfully. However, when I went to read the blog post I had received it from I got to the point where mine was chosen as one of the blogs and was taken aback and very touched by what was written about my writings.
4.Good Geek Ranting – I’m pretty certain this one has over 200 followers, but its tricky picking from those i follow as i don’t have a long list to choose from. However, this blog certainly deserves recognition. I would describe this blog as ‘life as a story’ and seems to make even the normal day seem gripping.
Wow, is all I can say here. First to think I have more than 200 followers, thank you. It is not true so you have not messed up the award in that way. But this comment left about me reminds me of one of the greatest compliments I have ever heard about someone.
One time, while watching George Carlin do stand-up, he started talking about his family and more over, his father. You could tell he respected his father very much and soon made the comment, “He was the kind of man who could tell you simple normal story about a bus ride and have you rolling with laughter.” I paraphrase this aside as I have not seen that standup in quite a few years however I think you will get the connection.
The thought that I have made my normal, everyday, mundane life in anyway ‘gripping’ is the best compliment I think I could ever receive. I am humbled that anyone feels this way and appreciate all compliments I have gotten like this.
Anyway, on to the award, I suppose as I do only have limited time and the books are getting louder and I believe the Library staff has called the police for my screaming at no one fits.
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog – If I haven’t done that sufficiently already, THANK YOU. really, from the bottom of my blogging heart, thank you.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you (see the poetry and other art stylings of ThoughtofVG)
3. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog
I hope that worked, I’m not able to save pictures on this computer… if it didn’t I will post it appropriately once I am able. Sorry
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed (see below)
5. Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog
Ok, so the harder part, awarding to other people. I follow limited amounts of blogs (and have been unable to keep up with a lot of them lately) but will do my best.
1. Snobbery – So I will also say I can’t imagine that the Snob has less than 200 followers but I can’t help to recognize her in the same way I was. I am always entertained by her posts, however, more than that I am intrigued by her mind. She is intelligent, geeky, witty, and smart! 🙂 She is a wonderful person, a great blogger, and I am honored to call her friend.
2. Pouring My Art Out – I know this man has less than 200 followers. He will tell you about it. 🙂 He, like me, has struggled to find what the direction of his blog should be and is not afraid to tell you about it. He is honest and open, witty (I love his blog titles), and opinionated. I always look forward to see more of his art work and what direction his blog will eventually take. The grass roots of blogs, I like it.
3. In My Opinion – Miss Diane Owens over at In My Opinion has made it her quest to answer a question a day for a year. Some of them funny, some touching, and some slightly taboo (For main stream society that is). She has a great writing style and does a good job of not pulling any punches when the subjects do get a little on the risque side. (She also takes requests for questions. 🙂 )
4. Father Trek – A mans journey to fatherhood. What more can I say? A great ‘diary/blog’ of his (and his families) journey through life.
5. Sinister Blog – The tag line of this blog is “Rabble Rabble Rabble” however I find her posts poigniant and (at times) hard hitting. A navy wife she has a lot of political views that maybe not everyone agrees with, however she is not afraid to express them, which is definitely what I respect and enjoy reading.
Ok I hope I have done everyone correct justice. (Heather, if you read this, You’re awesome but I was POSITIVE you had more than 200 followers. 😐 Don’t strike me down. lol) As you can see I treat my blogging family like, well, errr, family. I care about them all greatly and try to follow only blogs that I will… well, yeah, follow. So, yeah, anyway… The police are here and they are telling me books can’t talk… (What do THEY know?) so I’m out… P&L The Geek